Taking ginger in infusion or fresh is an excellent natural remedy to eliminate stomach gas and improve the health of the digestive system. Excess gas is a very annoying and uncomfortable problem that can happen for several reasons, among which are: eating too fast, swallowing air while eating, eating foods difficult to digest, food intolerances or suffer from conditions, such as dyspepsia, constipation, gastritis, irritable bowel, celiac disease, etc.
In addition to modifying food habits, to avoid the formation of gases and expel them when they have already accumulated, you can resort to natural ingredients, such as ginger, which has many beneficial properties for our gastrointestinal health.
Why ginger works to eliminate gases
- Ginger is a root with numerous beneficial properties for the health of the digestive system and one of the best existing natural ingredients to prevent the accumulation of gases and promote the expulsion of them. Next, we will detail what are the properties of ginger to eliminate gases:
- Ginger, by stimulating the pancreas, allows to increase the production of enzymes that favor the digestion of the foods that are consumed and, therefore, helps to reduce indigestion and the symptoms associated with these, such as gas or flatulence, heaviness, the burning and stomach pains.
- It is also excellent for increasing the amount of good bacteria in the intestinal flora and, on the contrary, for combating those that are harmful and can cause intestinal infections. It is useful to eliminate H. pylori bacteria thanks to its antibacterial properties.
- It is a good remedy against nausea, since it helps to eliminate almost completely the urge to vomit.
- It has anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties that are excellent for relieving abdominal swelling and stomach pains.
However, this ingredient is not only beneficial for gastrointestinal health, it has many other properties, discover them all in the article what are the properties of ginger.
How to make ginger tea for gases
How to take advantage of all these properties of ginger and get rid of the discomfort and discomfort that you produce intestinal gas? Very easy! One of the best natural remedies to expel the gases and find quick relief is ginger tea, and you can prepare it yourself at home following the recipe that we indicate below.
- 1 piece of fresh ginger root
- 1 small spoonful of organic honey
- 1 glass of water
How to make ginger tea
- Peel the ginger and when you have removed all the skin, cut it into small pieces.
- In a saucepan, heat the water and wait until it boils. Just when it reaches the boiling point, add the cut ginger.
- Let it simmer for about 5 or 10 minutes and, after this time, remove from heat.
- Let the preparation sit for 10 or 15 minutes before serving.
- Pour the tea into a glass and add the honey so that it is sweeter and has a more pleasant flavor.
How to drink ginger tea
The best way to eliminate excessive gas and relieve stomach discomfort is to drink 1 cup of ginger tea after meals and drink it in small sips, so you make sure you do not feel bad. You can take up to 2 or 3 cups of this infusion daily.
However, before taking it, it is important to bear in mind that the consumption of ginger is contraindicated in the following cases:
- Patients with gastritis, ulcers, irritable bowel syndrome, colitis or Crohn’s disease.
- People who have high blood pressure.
- Patients with stones or stones in the gallbladder.
- Diabetic patients who are taking medications for this disease.
- People who are taking medication for high blood pressure or blood circulation.
Other ways to take ginger for gases
Not only can you take ginger for gases through tea or infusion, there are other forms of consumption or use that can also offer good results and greatly improve your digestive health. These are the following:
- Ginger and lemon juice: in a saucepan, boil the equivalent of 2 cups of water and when it reaches the boiling point add 3 small spoons of grated ginger root. Let it cook for about 3 minutes, turn off the heat and wait for it to sit for about 10 minutes. Then, squeeze half a lemon and add about 3 tablespoons of this to the previous preparation. When it’s cold, drink.
- Directly chew some fresh ginger after eating.
- Add a few drops of ginger essential oil to 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil, such as olive oil, and use the mixture to make circular massages in the abdominal area. These massages favor the intestinal movements and, by means of the heat, they help to calm the annoyances and to favor the expulsion of the gases. And if you also want to add it to your dishes, discover how to do it in the article How to use ginger in the kitchen.
More home remedies to eliminate gases quickly
Other natural remedies that can help you fight the problem of accumulated gases are:
- Bicarbonate and lemon: it is a powerful natural antacid that prevents bad digestion and the accumulation of gases. In 1 glass of water, add 1/2 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice and 1 teaspoon of baking soda. Remove and drink little by little.
- Papaya and pineapple juice: cut 1 small pineapple and 1 slice of papaya into small pieces. Process both fruits in the blender and drink the resulting juice immediately to take advantage of its properties. It will help you regulate intestinal transit and prevent the formation of gas.
- Chamomile tea: take an infusion of chamomile after the meal to reduce stomach aches, eliminate gas and reduce inflammation of the abdomen.
In the following article, you can see other good tricks to remove gases quickly.
If you want to read more articles similar to How to take ginger for gas – very effective remedy, we recommend you to enter our category of Health .
Article Source:Tape Daily