Animals are amazing creatures, each having unique abilities. Every animal has its own unique attributes and peculiarity that make it distinct from others. Starting from difference in blood groups to difference in body structure, every animal has its own uniqueness. Here we are going to tell you some really intriguing facts about animals that will blow your mind.
- Some of the male songbirds sing more than 2000 times a day.
- Humans and giraffes have the same number of bones in their neck.
- Horses have 8 blood types, dogs have 13, cows have 9 while humans have only 4 blood types.
- A Giraffe’s age can be calculated from its spots. The darker the spots, the older the giraffe.
- A grizzly bear’s bite is strong enough to crush a bowling ball.
- Snails can sleep for 3 long years.
- In case of animals, blood group is concerned with the combinations of blood factors. So it is better to call it as blood group systems rather than blood groups. Each system has many factors, which are together called blood group factors.
- A rhinoceros’s horn is made of hairs.
- A baby octopus is about the size of a flea when it is born.
- It is believed that a cow gives 20000 glasses of milk in its whole lifetime.
- An octopus has actually 6 arms and 2 legs.
- 99% of a panda’s diet consists of bamboo.
- The male ostriches can roar like lions.
- After tigers, lions are the second largest living cats with some males exceeding 250 kgs in weight.
- African elephants have the best sense of smell in the animal kingdom.
- Ostriches can run faster than horses.
Visit Biology Forum and join the online education discussion forum to get involved in the open discussion on various interesting biology topics. Subscribe to BYJU’S YouTube Channel to watch engaging videos on various science topics.